Pangu has just released a new jailbreak tool for iOS 9. This is really a big surprise for jailbreak community as we were expecting a jailbreak after the final release of iOS 9.1. In this guide, I am going to show you how to jailbreak iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch on iOs 9.0.2, 9.0.1, or iOS 9 using the Pangu9 jailbreak tool.
According to the website, Pangu9 will work with all the iOS 9 compatible devices:
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4s.
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3 and iPad 2.
- iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2, 1st gen iPad mini.
- 6th generation iPod touch, 5th generation iPod touch.
Before attempting to jailbreak iPhone, iPad and iPod touch there are a few things you should know and those are pretty important; therefore, read the important notes section before jumping into the actual guide.
- This jailbreak is an untethered jailbreak, therefore you will not need to re-jailbreak every time you reboot your iOS device.
- Pangu for iOS 9 is only available for Windows; Mac version will be coming soon.
- Turn off your passcode.
- Turn off ‘Find my iPhone’ feature.
- Turn on ‘Airplane mode’.
- Back up your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch.
How to jailbreak iOS 9.0 – iOS 9.0.2 with Pangu on iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch
Step 1: Download Pangu jailbreak for iOS 9.
Step 2: Once downloaded; connect your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch to your computer and fire up the Pangu jailbreak tool.
Step 3: Click the ‘start’ button, and if prompted click on the already backed up.
Step 4: Now your iPhone is going to restart and once it turns back on, it will ask you to put in airplane mode. Do that and it will continue with its jailbreak.
Step 5: On your home screen, Pangu app will appear. Tap on it.
Step 6: Once the app runs, it will ask you to allow access to the Photos app.
Step 7: After you have allowed access to the Photos app, your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch will restart.
Step 9: Once the reboot is complete, your iOS device running on iOS 9/9.0.2 will be jailbroken and you should see Cydia on the home screen. Tap on it and you are complete. That’s it! Now your device is jailbroken. You can install any tweaks, themes or apps of your choice without any restrictions.