Developer apps cydia launch updated iCleaner, This tweak works with iOS 5 or higher. iCleaner v6.2.2 tweak for removal tool which is best to remove the unnecessary files from your iPhone. Launch it from the springboard or from any terminal app. Command: “iCleaner” (you must be root to run it).
Cleanup With iCleaner 6.2.2
- Safari: it deletes cookies, browsing history and cache files to free up memory and preserve your privacy.
- Applications: it scans /var/mobile/Applications and /Applications for unnecessary WebClip caches, cookies, temporary files and snapshots. Furthermore, it detects known applications for a more in-depth cleanup.
- Log files: it deletes apps log files and crash reports from known locations. These files are generally irrelevant to the user and can be safely deleted.
- Cache files: it scans and deletes system cache files and databases. Some of them are rebuilt upon respring. This helps removing obsolete cache data.
- Temporary files: it deletes temporary files from your device. These files are meant to be removed automatically, but they often happen not to. iCleaner takes care of that.
- Cydia: it deletes partially downloaded Cydia packages and repo files, caches and temporary files.
- Cydia sources (disabled by default): it deletes Cydia sources files. As a result, Cydia will not list any package and the sources will have to be updated. This is disabled by default since it’s only helpful if Cydia sources aren’t updating correctly.
- Unused dependencies (disabled by default): issues the “apt-get autoremove” command in order to remove packages installed as dependencies that are not needed anymore. Additionally, it removes preference files left by some uninstalled packages.
- Filetype cleanup: iCleaner features a custom cleanup pass based on file extensions. By default, it looks for log files all over the directory tree.
- Launch Daemons / MobileSubstrate addons management: Daemons are processes that are launched upon system startup (or at a later time) and run in the background. Disabling some of them may speed up your device by freeing up system resources. Furthermore, you will be able to enable/disable core system functions (such as OTA updates, Game Center, Internet Tethering, VPN and more).
You can disable the ones you don’t need to your likings! Tap on each daemon group to read its description, set the ones you don’t need to “off”, apply and enjoy your gained RAM!
- iCleaner can also: Remove unused languages, unused keyboards, unused voice control languages, retina images, non-retina images and move the Fonts folder from/to the system partition.
What’s New In iCleaner v6.2.2
- Added iOS 6 specific daemons.
- Improved the way iCleaner disables Launch Daemons.
- New supported apps: SoundCloud, WhatsApp.
- Updated translations.
- Bugfixes, UI changes and improvements.