Yalu iOS 10.1.1 Jailbreak goes available for developers and it is currently in beta stage. It is important to understand the current whereabouts of Yalu Jailbreak tool before beginning. Luca Todesco has shared his exploit with everyone by publishing his jailbreak exploit on Project Zero. Yalu Jailbreak supports only handful of iOS devices at the moment, and it cannot support the latest iOS 10 firmware. Before we begin, it is important to acknowledge the Yalu iOS 10.1.1 Jailbreak is a semi-tethered jailbreak.
Supported Devices and Firmware
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus running iOS 10.1.1 or iOS 10.1.
- iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus running iOS 10.1.1 all the way to iOS 10.0.1.
- iPad Pro running iOS 10.1.1 all the way to iOS 10.0.1.
- Yalu IPA file from this link.
- Cydia Impactor from this link. It is available for Windows, macOS and Linux.
- A device with the above mentioned supported firmware and model.
- iTunes installed on your PC or Mac.
- Touch ID & Passcode disabled on your iOS device. Navigate to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode to disable.
Jailbreak iOS 10.1.1 Using Yalu and Mach_Portal
Step 1. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer using USB.
Step 2. Launch Cydia Impactor, drag the Yula IPA file onto it (the unzipped file), enter your Apple ID when prompted then click OK. The installation will take no more than a few minutes so be patient.
Step 3. Unplug your iOS device from your computer and navigate to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management. Trust the profile that is sitting there.
Step 4. Press the Home button and launch the mach_portal app.
Step 5. Once Cydia shows up on your device, simply launch it and you are good to go.
NOTE: According to Apple Developers Policy, if you have used a Free Apple ID, after seven days you have to repeat this process to install mach_portal app again by repeating from the 2nd Step. Those users who have a full Apple developer ID can enjoy this signed app for a year.