Luca Todesco has finally released the latest build of the Yalu jailbreak with support for iOS 10.2. The jailbreak is unstable and supports a fairly limited set of iOS devices such as iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone SE and iPad Pro. Now you can jailbreak your device running iOS 10.2 yalu alpha Jailbreak ipa file installing through Cydia Impactor. Here is a complete guide for iOS 10.2 Jailbreak with links.
Supported Devices and Firmware
- This jailbreak is compatible with the following devices:
- iPhone 6s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPad Pro
- iPhone SE
- Yalu Jailbreak does not support the following iOS 10 devices yet:
- iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air
- iPad 4
- iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 2
- Yalu IPA file from this link.
- Cydia Impactor from this link. It is available for Windows, macOS and Linux.
- A device with the above mentioned supported firmware and model.
- iTunes installed on your PC or Mac.
- Touch ID & Passcode disabled on your iOS device. Navigate to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode to disable.
Note: Please do not follow the tutorial until you don’t know what are you doing with your device. This is not a stable Jailbreak, semi-tethered in simple words. This Jailbreak requires you to re-jailbreak your device after every boot otherwise, your Cydia will not work and you may face apps crashing on your device.
Jailbreak iOS 10.2 Using Yalu
Step 1. Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer using USB.
Step 2. Launch Cydia Impactor, drag the Yalu IPA file onto it (the unzipped file), enter your Apple ID when prompted then click OK. The installation will take no more than a few minutes so be patient.
Step 3. Unplug your iOS device from your computer and navigate to Settings > General > Profiles & Device Management. Trust the profile that is sitting there.
Step 4. Go back to the Home screen and launch the yalu102 app.
Step 5. Press the Go button for the jailbreak to begin. Do not touch your device until the jailbreak is done.
Step 6. Your device will reboot automatically and Cydia should appear on the Home screen. If it’s not there, open the yalu102 app and jailbreak again.
Congrats, your device is now jailbroken! Cydia will take some time to perform the initial setup when you launch it for the first time. After it’s done, you can start using it, but keep in mind that you should only install the compatible tweaks to avoid running into issues. We will post the list of iOS 10.2 compatible jailbreak tweaks soon.