The last Pangu jailbreak was compatible with iOS 9.3.3 and below, and was a huge help to jailbreakers at the time. While there might not be a huge number of people running iOS 9.3.4, those that are in luck. A jailbreak by the name of ‘Home Depot’ has been released, which works on iOS 9.1 to 9.3.4.
This jailbreak is however, only able to be used with 32-bit devices. This means that anything newer than the iPhone 5/5c, the iPad 4, or the iPod touch 5 won’t be able to be jailbroken using this method (see list below for compatible devices).
Which Devices are Compatible with Home Depot Jailbreak?
- iPhone 4S
- iPhone 5 (GSM)
- iPhone 5 (Global)
- iPhone 5C (GSM)
- iPhone 5C (Global)
- iPad 2 (WiFi, GSM, CDMA, Mid 2012)
- iPad mini (WiFi)
- iPad 3 (WiFi)
- iPad 3 (GSM)
- iPad 3 (CDMA)
- iPad 4
- iPod touch 5
Which Firmware are Compatible with Home Depot Jailbreak?
It is compatible with the following versions of iOS 9 firmware.
- iOS 9.1
- iOS 9.2
- iOS 9.2.1
- iOS 9.3
- iOS 9.3.1
- iOS 9.3.2
- iOS 9.3.3
- iOS 9.3.4
Home Depot Jailbreak Requirements
- A compatible iPhone, iPad or iPod touch running iOS 9
- Download MixtapePlayerRC3.ipa
- Download Cydia Impactor (Windows / Mac / Linux 32-bit / Linux 64-bit)
- A working Internet Connection
- A computer running Windows/Mac/Linux
Jailbreak iOS 9.1 – 9.3.4 32bit Devices Using Home Depot
- Download the Home Depot jailbreak app from the link above and save it somewhere. Download the latest version of Cydia Impactor (a program made by saurik) for your operating system from the links above. Version 0.9.35 minimum is required. Extract it and open the ‘Impactor’ file.
- Once it opens, make sure your iOS device is plugged into your computer, and that your passcode, Touch ID lock and Find my iPhone is turned off during the jailbreak process. Select your device in the drop down menu.
- Find the Home Depot app IPA file you downloaded earlier and drag it into the Cydia Impactor tool. If a warning appears, click ‘OK’.
- You will be asked to enter your Apple ID. This is used only to create a certificate for the Home Depot app to be installed and will not be visible to anything other than Apple’s servers.
- Once you have entered your Apple ID and password, click ‘OK’. The Home Depot app should now be installed on your device.
- Once the Home Depot app is installed, open Settings and navigate to General > Profiles & Device Management and find the Home Depot app profile (should be your Apple ID). Open it and click ‘Trust’ twice.
- Open the Home Depot app. Tap on the blue ‘Prepare For Jailbreak’ button, followed by the ‘Accept’ button.
- When prompted to download the mixtape, dismiss the pop-up and tap on the ‘Proceed With Jailbreak’ button.
- Finally you should see the yellow ‘Begin Installation’ button. Tap on the jailbreak and this button should begin.
- The Home Depot app should now be installing Cydia. Do NOT do anything else with the device while this is happening.
- Cydia should now be on your home screen! Open the Cydia app and it should open without any problems.
- As this is a Semi-Tethered jailbreak, after you reboot your device all jailbreak features will be disabled. To fix this all you need to do is open the Home Depot app, and do the same thing you did in step 7. You will need to do this every time you reboot your device.
- Once your device resprings, your jailbreak functionality will be restored!
- The Home Depot app may start to crash one week after being installed if you do not have a paid Apple developer account. Because the certificate for it will have expired, this is. To fix this, all you need to do is reinstall the Home Depot app using the instructions you just followed.