Microsoft has just released an iPhone app for Office 365, its subscription-based online office to access and edit Word, Excel and Powerpoint documents. In order to edit these documents they will need to be stored in SkyDrive, SkyDrive Pro or SharePoint.
Here is some of the apps main features from the official App Store page:
- Edit – You can make quick edits to Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents.
- Documents Remain Intact – Formatting and content remain intact when you edit Word, Excel, or PowerPoint documents on your phone.
- Edit While Offline – Your device doesn’t have to be continuously connected to the network to work on an Office document that is stored online. You can view and edit recently used documents even while you’re offline. Your changes will be saved online when your device reconnects to the network or to Wi-Fi.
- Create – You can create new Word and Excel documents on your phone.
- Comments – You can review comments that have been made in Word and Excel documents on your phone and add your own comments.
- Share – When you’re done with your edits or comments, simply send the document in email or save it to SkyDrive or SharePoint.
Download Office for iPhone
The iPhone app is available for free in the App Store. However, you’ve to be an Office 365 subscriber to be able to use the app. You can buy the Office 365 subscription for $99 via in-app purchase. Download link Office 365.