WhatsApp is one of the most popular messaging apps out there for iOS. While it offers many of the essential features that a normal user would require, there’s still space for improvement. To fill this gap, a new jailbreak tweak has been developed called ABetterPrivacyforWhatsApp.
This tweak allows you to customize WhatsApp by getting rid of the UI elements that are not as useful. It also adds a couple of new features that some users anticipated.
After installing the tweak, head to its preferences pane in Settings to explore all the customization options that the tweak offers. You’ll find the following options:
- Disable reads receipts so that no one knows when you’ve read their messages.
- Prevent others from finding out when you are online.
- Hide the Typing text shown at the top of a conversation.
- Disable access to the blocked contacts list.
- Hide the chats that you’ve archived.
- Hide profile pictures from the chats.
- Hide all of your contact names in the app.
- Enable dark keyboard so that it replaces the default white keyboard of iOS.
- Hide separators in conversations.
- Hide the call button in chats.
These are all the customization options and extra new features that the tweak adds to WhatsApp. Once you’re making changes and turning on the options that you want, they will be applied right away without requiring you to repairing your IOS device.
Those who use WhatsApp may find some of these options incredibly handy, such as the ability to disable read receipts so that you can read messages with a peace of mind without having to worry about replying back.
When it comes to customizing WhatsApp or enhancing the app, there are a number of alternative tweaks out there that are quite popular and have been around for some time. One example is WhatsApp++ which offers plenty of options such as:
- Password protect the app.
- Hide your last seen and online status from others.
- Disable reads receipts altogether or on a per-contact basis.
- Disable delivery receipts so that others won’t know see a double tick when their message gets delivered to you.
- Plethora of options to customize the user interface of WhatsApp, such as the color of chat bubbles and texts, interface color, and so on.
- Share music with ease.
- And much more.
Watusi is also another tweak for WhatsApp that aims to enhance its functionality and lets you get rid of the restrictions of the app.
When it comes to installing third-party tweaks for WhatsApp, you have a lot of options. Which one you go with depends completely on your needs and whether you are into customization. Personally, I’ve used WhatsApp Watusi and WhatsApp++ in the past and they are a very useful tweak. If you are a frequent user of WhatsApp then I’d recommend you that you definitely check out those tweaks as well.
If you’d like to try ABetterPrivacyforWhatsApp tweak, it is available as a free package on Cydia’s BigBoss repo. It works on all jailbroken devices running iOS 8, iOS 9, and iOS 10 and supports the latest version of WhatsApp which is v2.17.52 as of this writing.