You can receive iMessage texts to many different sources. By Way of Example, On an iPhone you’ll have your Phone Number, Apple ID email address and iCloud email addresses (@me and @iCloud. Com) configured to receive any messages sent to you through the iMessage service. You can even have more than one telephone numbers receiving your iMessage texts.
But what if you no longer want others to reach you on some of these Email addresses or phone numbers? You can configure this simply by going to the Settings app. From that point it is possible to remove any email address or telephone number of your choice from the iMessage account. After doing so others will not be able to reach you in that email address.
Obtaining a phone number and or email address will also lead to it getting removed from FaceTime and Game Center services.
Here is how to Remove Email or Phone Number From iMessage Account
Follow the steps below to remove an email address from the iMessage account.
- On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch available Settings.
- Go to iCloud Preferences by clicking on your name.
- Now tap on ‘Name, Phone Numbers, Email’ alternative.
- Beneath Contactable As you will see a list of phone numbers and email addresses that others can use to contact you.
- Harness the ‘Edit’ button situated next to ‘Contactable At’ heading and then eliminate the email addresses or telephone numbers you do not want to associate with your iMessage account.
Once an email has been disabled, then you may no longer get iMessage texts delivered to you at that email address.