Finally here is the biggest news for all the jailbreakers community, The untether jailbreak for iOS 8.1.1 – iOS 8.2 beta has been released. A new jailbreaking tool by the name of TaiG has been released which jailbreaks iPhone, iPad and iPod touch on iOS 8.1.1. If you’re on iOS 8.1.1 or later and want to jailbreak your device, the TaiG tool has been confirmed as working. The tool is in Chinese and is currently only available for the Windows OS.
TaiG jailbreak compatible Devices
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5 and iPhone 4s
- iPad Air 2, iPad Air, iPad 4, iPad 3 and iPad 2
- Retina iPad mini, 1st gen iPad mini
- 5th generation iPod touch
Firmwares Taig supports
- iOS 8.0
- iOS 8.1
- iOS 8.1.1
- iOS 8.2 Beta
- Download iOS 8.1.1 from here
- Download TaiG (Windows)
- Download Latest version of iTunes
- Backup your personal data via iTunes before proceeding with the jailbreak process.
- Make sure you restore your device to iOS 8.1 via iTunes as the Pangu Team says that it could create issues for devices updated over the air.
- Please disable the passcode as the jailbreak may fail, if the passcode is enabled (Settings -> General -> Passcode Lock On -> Turn Passcode Off).
How to untether jailbreak iOS 8.1.1 and iOS 8.2 with Taig
Step 1. Download TaiG jailbreak from the above download link.
Step 2. Enable Airplane mode, Disable Passcode from Settings > Touch ID & Passcode and turn off Find my iPhone from Settings > iCloud > Find my iPhone.
Step 3. Connect your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch to computer and start Pangu jailbreak tools. You should be presented with a screen like the one seen below.
Step 4. As soon as TaiG runs make sure it detects your device and its iOS version. If it does then simply uncheck the second tick box while keeping the first one checked. This is to get rid of the sketchy TaiG store. FYI, the first box installs Cydia.
Step 5. Afterwards hit the big green button that we assume says ‘Jailbreak’ in Chinese. Let the tool do its job. Your iPhone or iPad will reboot after which Cydia will appear on the homescreen. Launch Cydia and start downloading your favorite tweaks.