After released of untethered jailbreak of iOS 6 by eved3rs, here is the another jailbreak tool called Snowbreeze 2.9.9 has been released by “iH8Sn0w”. Sn0wbreeze 2.9.9 supports all A4 devcies and iPhone 3GS on iOS 6.1. This version fixed issue with device not showing up in iTunes/xcode and fixed the issues of building iPhone3,2 (iPhone 4 GSM-Rev2) IPSW.
iH8Sn0w Release Notes
What is New?
- Fixed issue with device not showing up in iTunes/xcode.
- Fixed bug when building iPhone3,2 (iPhone 4 GSM-Rev2) IPSW.
- Apple TV 2 bug fixes.
- Now adds evasi0n untether directly to Cydia (for future updates).
- Added 5.2/6.0.x/6.1 untethers provided by evad3rs
- Added iOS 6.1 support for iPhone 3GS, and A4 devices.
- Fixed Hacktivation issues on 6.0.x.
- Fixed some iFaith mode bugs.
- Use iFaith mode after selecting/downloading the appropriate IPSW for your device. You will then be prompted to browse for SHSH blobs for the IPSW you have selected.
- Remember to enter a PWNED DFU state with sn0wbreeze’s iREB button in the top bar of sn0wbreeze prior to (SHIFT + Restoring) the custom signed IPSW!
As stated many times in the past, sn0wbreeze cannot be updated to work on A5(X)/A6(X) devices until a low level exploit in DFU or iBoot is found and made public.
A5(X)/A6(X) Baseband Preservation/Hacktivation?
For those running A5(X)/A6(X) devices and need to preserve your baseband, there is nothing you can do at the moment. For those wanting to hacktivate, the only advice I can give is to buy the carrier’s SIM (the one its locked to obviously) on ebay. The SIM does not have to be activated with the carrier to activate the phone.
- Windows 8 users currently need to use this workaround to run sn0wbreeze.
- iPod Touch 2G 4.x.x restores fail (fix coming soon).