YouTube Doesn’t allow users to listen to Some Movie in the background Unless they have a YouTube Red subscription. The movie streaming website not only displays users from listening to sound in the background in the official iOS app, but does exactly the same on its mobile site. That means you cannot simply open Safari browser and continue listening to the audio in the background when you return to the home screen.
Thankfully though there are just two simple tricks that Permit You to Listen to YouTube background sound on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch and the good news is the two of them work on iOS 11. You don’t need YouTube Red subscription for all these tricks to work, all you have to do is do a few simple actions.
Method 1: Listening to YouTube Background Audio With Safari
- Launch Safari and open youtube.com.
- Now load the movie you would like to watch.
- Tap on the sharesheet button and after that from the action menu, tap on ‘Request Desktop Site’.
- Once you are on the desktop site play with the movie and exit Safari.
- At this stage desktop sound will stop, pull up the Control Center and tap on the Play button from music widget.
Method 2: Listening to YouTube Background Audio With Dolphin
If you don’t need to perform the Excess step of requesting the background Version of YouTube each time that you wish to listen to YouTube Audio from the background, then use Dolphin browser.
- Download the free Dolphin Web Browser on your iPhone or even iPad.
- Open the YouTube program and load up the video.
- While the video is playing exit the Dolphin program.
- Pull up the Control Center and tap on the ‘Play’ button on the music widget.
There you go people, this is the way you listen to desktop audio from YouTube on your iPhone or iPad running iOS 11.